We may not be able to completely eliminate the risk of employees/parents/children from contracting COVID-19 while carrying out their duties or attending the service however, we urge everyone to take responsibility with the appropriate measures we have in place to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
Outbreaks can occur easily in any area and we all need to practice physical distancing, good hygiene and staying at home when sick to slow the spread of COVID-19.
Click this link to view the current COVID-19 advice: COVID safety (nsw.gov.au)
At our Services, we are continuing to;
• provide hand sanitiser at the entrance for your use
• model and implement enhanced handwashing procedures for children and adults
• organise for high touch surfaces in the service to be wiped down and disinfected regularly (e.g. door handles, bathrooms, devices used by adults and children, tables, chairs)
• increase ventilation within rooms and
• use our outdoor learning area as much as possible.
Feeling sick – Stay Home! We urge anyone who is displaying symptoms or feeling unwell to get tested at a free COVID-19 and stay home.
NSW Health continues to strongly recommend wearing a face mask in indoor public spaces and when you can’t physically distance from others.
Translating and interpreting services are available on 1800 131 450
Should you require any further information about the health and hygiene measures implemented at our Services, please do not hesitate to chat with your services Nominated Supervisor.
For the Little People:
- The Wiggles also have a great handwashing song! Listen to it here. More Resources can be found at Support and resources (nsw.gov.au)
- The Queensland Government have released a book and song related to COVID-19 about a character called Birdie. Click here to view!
- The New South Wales Government have also released a children’s book to help young children to understand what this virus is. You can download it here.
Mental health during the pandemic is becoming a big priority. Be You, a part of Beyond Blue, provides educators with knowledge, resources and strategies for helping children and young people achieve their best possible mental health. Visit the website here for more information and resources.
For over 20 years Emerging Minds has been dedicated to advancing the mental health and emotional wellbeing of Australian infants, children, adolescents and their families. Visit the Emerging Minds website to have a look at their large range of resources!
Keep checking back in with us for updates!